Boyne Park Residents Association
Minutes of a Committee Meeting
24th June 2013
1. Present – Dorothea Holman, David Scott, Pippa Collard, Jeanne Samuels, Indie Palaha-Lee, Ruth Banister, apologies from Ian Soutar
2. Minutes of the previous meeting – accepted.
3. Matters arising –
Red Brick Pavements – Iain Hamilton of Oakdale Road had attended a council meeting where the red brick pavements were discussed but as yet no decisions or outcomes have been reached.
The BPRA wishes to keep bricks, modern or old, which are porous and non-slippery, whenever works are carried out in the future and when work is done on any of the pavements in the roads.
The bricks relaid outside the two new build properties are not of the correct make or style. DH to write to the Joint Transportation Board and ask for them to be investigated, with any comeback on the builder if they are incorrect.
A regular leak at No 2 Boyne Park from what is thought to be a fountain has also damaged a large area of the brick pavement at the top of Boyne Park, almost where it meets Mount Ephraim. DH to investigate.
Warwick Park is presently having its brick pavements replaced, DS to investigate how and why this happened.
Site Allocation Plan – this concerns all the small pieces of land TWBC owns and it lays out their plans for the future development of these pieces. Some are small with no value, such as grass verges etc., some are larger, such as the car park opposite the Sainsbury’s Local where they have plans to fill in the gap along the road with more shops to continue the line but therefore losing parking spaces.
DH attended a meeting but found the event to badly organised and there was very little focus on Tunbridge Wells.
The questions is how to develop the town and be modern but retain its period feel. Lincoln Town Council has achieved this and would be a good model for T Wells.
Right Turn into Mount Ephraim – this is in regards to easing the flow of traffic through the town on the A26. No further news.
Tourist Information Centre – this has now been relocated.
Postal Service – this has improved.
4. Report by Chairperson Dorothea Holman – no news.
5. Report by the Secretary Ruth Banister
RB reported that 53 members had paid for 2013. A discussion followed about trying to promote the association to residents renting in the roads by offering a discounted membership. It was agreed price was not a barrier to membership but a feeling of belonging. No change to be made.
6. Report by the Treasurer Ian Souter in his absence
We currently have £284.78 in the bank with no foreseeable expenditure until next year.
7. Website Developments David Scott
There are few notices in the noticeboard and the website is quiet.
8. Neighbourhood Watch – Pippa Collard reported that the garden party had been very well attended and everyone agreed it had been a hugely enjoyable event. It could definitely be repeated next year, perhaps in an alternative venue, if no other large gathering was planned.
No criminal activity in the roads has been reported.
9. Future events – it was decided not to hold a table top sale this year. Two drinks evenings were agreed as Wednesday 18th September at 8pm and Thursday 19th December at 8pm, both at the Royal Wells Hotel – RB to organise with emails to members and discussions the Royal Wells.
10. Any other business
There was no other business.
11. Date of next meeting
Tuesday 8th October 8pm at Ruth’s house